Simple Query, WRONG Answer: -Reply

From: Andrew McAllister <mcallister_at_GRAD.MISSOURI.EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 09:20:39 -0500

Maybe the date stored in your tables is really March 4, 0095 or 0096? I had this problem with MicroSoft Access. I had changed the input mask on a date field and found that dates entered with 2 digit years were being recorded as 00xx.

It's worth a look.

Andy
Andrew McAllister -- Senior Programmer Analyst Office of Research, University of
Missouri-Columbia
McAllister_at_grad.missouri.edu

>>> Charles Dye PC <cdye_at_DNT.DIALOG.COM> 03/05/96
07:38pm >>>
snip
SQL> l
  1 select trans_id, trans_start
  2 from pcn_trans_log_archive
  3* where trans_id = 10549810
SQL> /   TRANS_ID TRANS_STA

---------- ---------
  10549810 04-MAR-96
  10549810 04-MAR-96

SQL> select sysdate from dual;

SYSDATE

05-MAR-96 SQL> select trans_id, trans_start
  2 from pcn_trans_log_archive
  3 where trans_start > sysdate-5
  4 /

no rows selected

SQL> select max(trans_start)
  2 from pcn_trans_log_archive;

MAX(TRANS

24-DEC-95 Received on Tue Mar 05 1996 - 09:25:28 CST