Re: Output data fr Oracle Table to Ascii File in Form 4.5

From: CHANCL <CHANCL_at_AM.NIE.AC.SG>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 06:01:31 -0500

Thank you all 4 replying.

Soln :

A) Use Text_IO Package
B) Use editor to remove the control character (char)
C) Use Report but top and bottom margins = 0. Then make a new
printer def to turn the formfeed char into a carriage return. D) In sqlplus ......

Anyway, I use Sol A, it works BUT see below

My data is to be output to file C:\FILEDIR\FILENAME.DAT. In my Form 4.5 Trigger -> When-button-pressed

PROCEDURE PROCEDURE_NAME IS
  FILE_OUT TEXT_IO.FILE_TYPE := 'C:\FILEDIR\FILENAME.DAT'; BEGIN
/* ...*/
EXCEPTION
  WHEN OTHERS THEN
   /* HANDLE ERROR */
END; However, if the directory FILEDIR does not exist, I will have exception FRM-40735:WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED TRIGGER RAISED UNHANDLED EXCEPTION ORA-3020000 Oracle always bypasses my error handler.

However, if I will to change my proc to   FILE_OUT TEXT_IO.FILE_TYPE ;
BEGIN
  FILE_OUT := 'C:\FILEDIR\FILENAME.DAT'; My error handler will be activated BUT ERRNUM= 0 & ErrType and ERRCODE will be null.

Any help ?

Thanks.

ChorLing
chancl_at_nievax.nie.ac.sg Received on Tue Mar 05 1996 - 06:09:16 CST