Help - Fast refresh

From: Renita <KORNERR_at_MWP.ESKOM.CO.ZA>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 04:44:05 -0500

Hello to all the replication Gurus !

I've got a problem with fast refreshing a SIMPLE distributed snapshot.

I followed these steps:

  1. Create database link between local and remote databases on local as user ONE.
  2. Created snapshot log on table A (on remote database as user ONE)
  3. Create snapshot B on table A (on local database through database link as user TWO - public synonym exists)
  4. User TWO on local database can see the following: Mlog$_A_at_link; MView$_B; TLOG$_AR_at_link;

I can do complete refreshes to my heart's content. No problem.

Any attempt to fast refresh fails with error

 ORA - 12004 (FAST
Refresh can not be used - either log does not exist or can not be used).

When I attempted these steps, but all on the same schema, I experienced no problems whatsoever.

My hunch is thus: something wrong with privileges ?

Renita Korner Received on Tue Mar 05 1996 - 05:00:38 CST