Re: Z39.50

From: matjones <matjones_at_NLA.GOV.AU>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 17:22:33 -0500

G'day Dina!

The project I'm currently DBAing on will implement the Z39.50 protocol but we aren't using Developer/2000. Our environment is a Powerbuilder client, Tuxedo Services (using Tuxedo between the client and the apps servers), SQLNET between the Tuxedo services and the Oracle Database.

We're currently on Oracle 7.1.6 (with Parallel Server Option), Textserver 3.1 on an 18 node IBM SP2.

I don't believe there is a commercial, off-the-shelf implementation of Z39.50 - we have to build our own software. If you (or anyone else for that matter) is interested, I can pass on the names of our developers building the Z39.50 software - send requests directly to me at matjones_at_nla.gov.au.

Matt

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, Constantia Patelodimou wrote:

> Hi
>
> I subscribed to the ORACLE-L list a few days ago, so I don't
> know if you have ever discussed about Z39.50.
>
> Has anyone used the Z39.50 protocol in order to build
> a database independent application with Developer/2000?
> Is there a software with implemented services to buy?
>
> We are working with Oracle 7.2 on a NOVELL 3.12 server.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Dina Patelodimou
> KNOWLEDGE S.A.
> Patras, GREECE

 matjones_at_nla.gov.au      Matthew Jones
                          CSC Australia
                          Phone: +616 262 1480
                          Fax:   +616 273 2116