Re: SQLNET access through a firewall

From: Kevin Lajevardi <lajevardik_at_BACTC.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 17:05:10 -0500

At 09:26 AM 3/5/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Can anyone out there provide some insight on how to access a database
>through an SQLNET connection that is routed through a firewall? I am
>assuming that this can be done, but I am also assuming that something
>else other than having the appropriate tnsnames.ora and listener.ora
>entries needs to be done. I am familiar with SQLNET, but procedures
>and/or requirements specific to firewall controlled access are new to me
>and I would appreciate any assistance that someone could provide.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve
>
>smacaulay_at_continental.com

Check out under http://tiburon.us.oracle.com/odp/ , Oracle Product Information --> White Papers
'SQl*Net and Firewalls'. It's posted as an Acrobat file, so you need the free reader available at www.adobe.com.

Kevin Lajevardi
Oracle DBA
e-mail : lajevardik_at_bactc.com Received on Mon Mar 04 1996 - 17:12:43 CST