Developer 2000 Toolbars

From: Geiger, Ralph <geigerr_at_HSV.MDC.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 16:26:36 -0500

 I am in the process of converting a project from Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5 with all the bells and whistles of GUI. I built a small example form with a two button toolbar to help me to better understand toolbars. I have three Form Level Triggers and two button triggers.

key-exit Form Level Trigger

begin
  Exit_Form;
  set_item_property('toolbar_choices.pb_query',LABEL,'Enter Query');   set_item_property('toolbar_choices.pb_close',LABEL,'Exit'); end;

key-exeqry Form Level Trigger

begin
  execute_query;
  if :system.mode = 'NORMAL' then
    set_item_property('toolbar_choices.pb_query',LABEL,'Enter Query');     set_item_property('toolbar_choices.pb_close',LABEL,'Exit');   end if;
end;

key-entqry Form Level Trigger

begin
  set_item_property('toolbar_choices.pb_query',LABEL,'Execute Query');   set_item_property('toolbar_choices.pb_close',LABEL,'Cancel');   enter_query;
end;

Pb_Query When-Button-Pressed Trigger

begin
  if :System.Mode = 'NORMAL' then
    do_key('enter_query');
  else

     do_key('execute_query');
  end if;
end;

Pb_Close When-Button-Pressed Trigger

begin
  do_key('exit_form');
end;

When I run this form I get run-form error (FRM-41003: This function cannot be performed here). The Toolbar_Choices block which contains the two button fields (Pb_Query and Pb_Close) does not reference a table. The Document_Master Block references the table DOCUMENT_MASTER (both the block and the table have the same names). The Document_Master block contains five text item fields. The default menu item execute, query and cancel and keystroke equivalents work fine but the toolbar buttons do not work. How do I overcome this problem? Is there some logic in the above triggers which I have overlooked? When the two buttons are placed on the same block and canvas as the other fields everything works just fine. How do you work the execute and cancel query functionality from the toolbar? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ralph Geiger
geigerr_at_hsv.mdc.com Received on Mon Mar 04 1996 - 16:36:13 CST