Oracle partition problem

From: Vicente A. Flores <vfb_at_BG.FIN.EC>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 13:23:30 -0500

How are you doing, Oracle programers:

I have a big problem and I need your assisance:

The filesystem (called /u3) where it was installed Oracle has wholy disappeared, liked whe executing a fdisk command. After this problem, we had to create nothing but the partition, the filesystem , and to restore the data. The worst is that this problem has occured twice.

After the firs time, the risky commands such as fdisk and divvy were bloqued, but hist couldn t avoid the problem to happen again.

In both case, the users were working in Oracle application, their terminal wered bloqued, and their processes were killed. After reboot the system, the /u3 filesystem disapeared.

My server has the following configuration

Compaq Systempro XL (with mirroring)
SCO Unix ver. 3.2.2
Oracle ver. 7.0.16.4.0
All the filesystem have their own partitions. The Operating System is installed in the first partition.

Please, send any idea to:

Vicente A.Flores B.
vfb_at_bin.fin.ec.

Thanks Received on Sat Mar 02 1996 - 13:39:35 CST