Re: Select Statement

From: TSAWMILL.US.ORACLE.COM <TSAWMILL_at_US.ORACLE.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 13:21:25 -0500

--Boundary-8702645-0-0

Yes it does. Rollback segments are used to preserve a consistent view of data for select. If it's a long running select, and the data you are reading is being updated a lot, you will need bigger rollback segments to preserve that consistent view of the data. Time to create a really big rollback segment and assign it your transaction using the set transaction statement.

Tim Sawmiller
tsawmill_at_us.oracle.com
"The opinions expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of the Oracle Corporation".

--Boundary-8702645-0-0

Date: 29 Feb 96 16:25:16
From:"Fletzberger Bernhard " <bfletzbe_at_AUSTRIA.CP.PHILIPS.COM> To: Multiple,recipients,of,list,ORACLE-L,ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU Subject: Select Statement

Hi folks,

I have a simple question.
Can the Error message ORA-0155, snapshot too old (rollback segment too small) happen by an normal long running select statement. That means, for me, that to many committed transactions oin a table can corrupt a query.

I hope this isn't correct !

Bertnhard

Philips C&P Austria / SG1
Bernhard Fletzberger, Programmer
Tel.: +43-1-60101/1726
Fax.: +43-1-60101/1740
Memo:     atvnams.at45fle

CC:Mail: Fletzberger, Bernhard
Internet: bfletzbe_at_austria.cp.philips.com

          Fletzber_at_atccmail.snads.philips.nl

--Boundary-8702645-0-0--