Re: Personal Oracle 7

From: Lee Mayhew <lmayhew_at_IONET.NET>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 23:35:49 -0600

Peter,

I don't think RAM Doubler is the answer... You are correct you'll need 16MB. I understand there is a product called Personal Oracle Lite, it supposedly uses a smaller footprint, thus you can get by with less memory. The downside is that it doesn't handle PL/SQL... at least that's the word I heard.

HTH, Lee Mayhew
lmayhew_at_ionet.net

>Hi,
>
> We have a customer who would like to run a small forms 4.5 Order
>entry program along with personal oracle 7 on several existing stand alone
PC's.
>The PO7 requires 16MB of memory and many of the PC's have only 8MB's.
>Can PO7 be used with some of these memory doubling software packages like
>Ram Doubler? And if so how well will it work. The customer refuses to
purchase
>additional memory at this time.
>
>Peter Brenner Phone: (704) 329-5282
>Coats American Fax: (704) 329-5832