Re: Forms 4.0/4.5

From: Raghavendra. A. <rags_at_HPISO52.INDIA.EXTERNAL.HP.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 11:33:27 +0500

>Oracle folks, I am re-posting this previous message to see if I can get any
>more respsonses. I did receive one response for each question, but I need
>more info and I have added a third question...
>
>1) In forms4.5, does anybody know in which database table the boilerplate
>items are stored? I can't find any trace of boilerplate text in any of the
>following tables: frm45__object, frm45__buffer, frm45__bindvar, frm45__grp.
>Am I missing any of the form tables?
>
>The boilerplate stuff appears to be kept in one the ROS tables, ROSSTRINGS
>to be exact, but is stored as a long RAW. Which means I really can't see it.

When you select the long RAW column into a VARCHAR2 variable, you get a hex string. You can write a small PL/SQL function to return the ASCII string for this HEX string. I have done this before and it works.

Good luck.

Raghu
--

                         \|||/
                        ( O-O )

Raghavendra A.                Internet : rags_at_hpiso52.india.external.hp.com
Consultant                    Fax      : +91-80-2200196
HP India Software Operations  Phone    : +91-80-2251554 Extn : 136 (Off)
Bangalore, INDIA                         +91-80-6680198 (Res)
                     .oooO
                              (_/