Re: FRM 40014 with Forms 3.0

From: Peter Moore <pt_at_CHAFF.DEMON.CO.UK>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 01:34:54 -0500

On 19 Feb 96 at 12:18, Susanne Stolpe wrote :

> Hi to all,
> we are trying to run a form (Forms 3.0 with Oracle 7.1.5) on a new platform
> (Alpha, openVMS 6.2) without sucess. Whereas it used to work without
> problems on a VAX, VMS 5.5 with Oracle 6 we now always get the error FRM
> 40014 - 'Not enough memory to load the form' when we try to execute it. We
> have already assigned 96 MB working space to that respective account which
> should be more than sufficient. Nevertheless - it won't work.

Suzanne,

I think we had to increase our users working sets to around 150000 blocks.

You should also be aware that Oracle7 requires around 50% more memory than Oracle6 and that you might need up to 100% more memory when moving from VAX to Alpha VMS. I remember we had all sorts of problems. We had to buy almost the same amount of memory again as we already had.

Also, check the "DEC Alpha OpenVMS Installation And User Guide". There are sample calculations of how to calculate various o/s parameters based upon your old figures. Check that they have been set correctly.

Regards,