Re: help :reposting of my previous mail

From: John Flack <JOHNF_at_SYNMHS.USA.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 20:59:41 -0500

> I have a problem that is to compute the no of working days between 2
> dates excluding the weekends and holidays.Holidays part of the problem is
> important. I remember seeing something similar to this long back on the list.
> I would appreciate any info regarding this problem
> thanks in advance,
> chandu
> email
 kollad_at_ora66.hq.ora.fda.gov

I forget from your original question: Do you, or have you considered a calendar Table, to list non-working days (or to list working days, but that would be bigger, and slower to search.)?

Seems to me that you would need one, because for different companies and differant countries (or even for different States in the US) the holidays are different. For instance, in the US, Columbus Day is a holiday for some people, but not for others. Even those who get it off, some celebrate on October 12, and some the second Monday in October. Assuming a holiday calendar table which includes weekends, and has two columns, the date of the holiday, and a description, you could easily write a function that counts the number of holidays between two dates, and subtracts it from the number of days between the two dates. Received on Tue Feb 20 1996 - 21:17:22 CST