3-Tier as opposed to ODBC/Direct PC-DB acces

From: Jack Bezalel <jack_at_PHOENIX.CO.IL>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 08:46:35 +0200

  We are trying to put together a secured CLIENT-SERVER   access environment,using 3-Tier architecture:   PC runs GUI only (UNIFACE), all DB-access are done via RPC   calls to procedures on a UNIX-MACHINE (cobol/c procedures) which   does the actual SQL statements to a DB machine.   WE are checking a kerberos based application to handle the secured   access authentication.
  I would like to know if any of you have done any of this stuff and   about expirience and tools to help get thruogh the task.   Also if you use direct PC-DB access how did you overcome control   and security (how is secured SQLNET doing ?).

  Thanks,

        Jack.

Jack Bezalel,
Database and Systems Integration Dept. Mgr., MIS Dept.
PHOENIX Company L.T.D.
ISRAEL

                    May The CURSOR Be With You . . .