Re: Block size reccomendations

From: Wong, Gordon <WongGo_at_STAPLES.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 09:23:04 -0500

Hello,

     Actually Oracle recommends that your database block size match or be multiple of your operating system block size. What you actually chose should depend on the type of application you are running. Lots of small transaction, small block size. Fewer but larger transactions, large block size.

Cheers,

Gordon

To: Multiple recipients of list ORA
Subject: Re: Block size reccomendations Date: Monday, February 12, 1996 9:09AM

Hi there,

    I believe that oracle suggests that your database Block Size match that of your O/S Block Size. If I remember correctly its in 2K, 4K, 8K or 16K.. I'd talk to your Sysadmin for the HP 9000 and have them match...

A.J.Miller / LDBA
Burlington Coat Factory

> From owner-oracle-l_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU Thu Feb 8 11:08:08 1996
> Sender: "ORACLE database mailing list." <ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU>
> Subject: Block size reccomendations
> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU>
>
> We are looking to move PeopleSoft Financials (AP and GL) to an HP 9000.
 At