Re: migrating to DEC Alpha with Oracle 7

From: Jeffrey Weiss <jrweiss_at_SESCVA.ESC.EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 09:15:06 -0500

Oracle 7 runs fine on Dec Alpah machines. I've done it in the past. Your problem may be the operating system. Are you perchance running OpenVMS 6.2? I recall a thread, which I started, a while back about checking into this version of the OS. We were on 6.1 and the systems folks wanted to upgrade to 6.2. Somebody on the net warned me that there was something missing in 6.2 which would not allow you to relink the C executables in Oracle.

Supposedly you can get in touch with Digital Support and they have a fix.

Best of luck.

Jeff Weiss Received on Thu Feb 08 1996 - 09:30:35 CST