CASE*Method

From: Gerrit Bon <g.j.bon_at_STUDENT.UTWENTE.NL>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 23:06:51 +0100

Hello everybody,

I work for a Mailorder Company in the Netherlands.

The computer-department of this company maintains and develops software for all kinds of computers ranging from Bull-mainframes, IBM-mainframes to desktop-pc's.

The last category is growing steadily and we are now in a phase where most of the mainframe-information is replicated to an Oracle-database.

Based on this Software is developed for desktops using Designer/2000.

The company has asked me to give a presentation about the (dis)-advantages of CASE*Method and the implications it has for the organisation as it is now.

They are especially interested in the latter as their project-organisation is still based on 3-GL project-environments. I - and others with me - believe that this environment can not stand 'new' issues like Rapid-Application- Development, integrated teams and end-user-computing.

CASE*Method gives me a way to deal with this problem, but that is not enough. I need input from people who have had the experience of going through this re- organisation.

Questions:

I would appreciate a personal e-mail, but we could continue this discussion in the group.

Thanks in advance,

Gerrit Bon. Received on Thu Feb 01 1996 - 17:23:59 CST