Re: create db in VMS - urgent

From: Beverly Norwood <csvbcn_at_ADMIN.AC.EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 08:58:54 EST

Leng,

There is a VMS logical that defines the connect string. it is ORA_DFLT_HOSTSTR. This should be set in the format:

   net protocol:host:ORACLE_SID

   e.g. T:ADMIN:OSID

   will allow
   connections via TCP/IP to host ADMIN, database OSID.    Just make sure sqlnet is running.

Hope this helps

Beverly Norwood, Systems Manager/DBA
Augusta College
(706) 737-1484 or GIST 337-1484
Internet: bnorwood_at_admin.ac.edu

        /////////////////  MAY THE FORKS BE WITH YOU! ////////////////