NT client connection to Solaris 2.4 Oracle 7.2 -Reply

From: Andrew McAllister <mcallister_at_GRAD.MISSOURI.EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 07:58:53 -0600

Search Microsoft's web site for ODBC and NT or 32 bit.

You should come up with a url for MS ODBC driver pack 3.0. In it is a 32bit driver from Visigenic for Oracle 7. The documentation says it only works on NT, but if you install the NT SQLNET stuff on Win95 it will work there too.

The actual file name(s) for the driver pack(s) are: ge1263.exe and wx1220.exe. Sorry I don't know what directory on the ftp server. But, both files have the same Visigenic driver. I have no idea why there are two V3.0 ODBC driver packs.

Andy

>>> Risto Tolonen <risto_at_KIVA.COM> 01/30/96
12:47pm >>>
I need to connect a 32-bit application (Windows NT) to our Oracle 7.2 server
(Solaris 2.4) using an ODBC driver. I just can't find any usable drivers anywhere. I talked to Oracle and they told me that their a 32-bit ODBC driver should be available in March '96. snip Received on Wed Jan 31 1996 - 09:51:54 CST