backups

From: <remund_at_DLGEB.CR.USGS.GOV>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 09:22:33 -0600

I have a general question about backups. I am currently working with Oracle 7.2. This is the situation I am wondering about. I have a database which is in archivelog mode, and which needs to be backed up a couple of times during the week. I will do hot backups a couple of times throughout the week. But is there any reason why I should take down the database and do a cold backup?

Thanks.

    Mary L. Remund              PHONE: (605) 594-2511
    Software Engineering        FAX:   (605) 594-2525
    EROS Data Center            INTERNET:  remund_at_edcserver1.cr.usgs.gov
    Sioux Falls, SD 57198