Re: List of Universities Using Oracle

From: Kenneth Komoto <kgkomoto_at_UCDAVIS.EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 10:21:36 -0800

>According to conventional wisdom, Banner will never be suitable
>for larger Universities. Part of the this is supposedly because
>of SCT's merger with the ugly but stable Cobol-VSAM IA/SIS+
>(Information Associates/Student Information System). We have SIS+
>and other IA modules on our campus mainframe here, and use Focus
>batch reporting (which from the viewpoint of a humble PC LAN Oracle
>programmer, stinks mightily).

I guess I would like to know what size institution is implied by 'Larger'. UC Davis has about 28K Students enrolled and Oregon and Oregon State are probably larger. All three of us are using Banner...

Kenneth Komoto                  Internet: kgkomoto_at_ucdavis.edu
Information Rsrcs-Rsrch Park Bitnet: kgkomoto_at_ucdavis University of California, Davis Davis, Ca 95616 Phone (916)757-8780 Fax (916)757-8778 Received on Tue Jan 30 1996 - 13:32:20 CST