Multiple Table Spaces on 1 drive.

From: mark allen <mark.allen_at_BRITE.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 11:39:47 -0600

I have a 4 drive system with 2 of the drives being used to mirror the other 2. One drive is being used for the system tablespace and the other drive holds the remainder of the system. I have been trying to get our DBA to setup separate table spaces for rollback segments, indexes, etc. on this second drive. The DBA however believes that we don't need to do this since the drive is mirrored and this would hurt performance. Thus we have one table space on this drive that includes index, data, rollback, etc.

What are some reasons for giving indexes, rollback segments, etc. their own table spaces on a system. Would this really degrade data performance as my DBA says.

Thanks in advance.
mark.allen_at_wichita.brite.com Received on Tue Jan 30 1996 - 12:47:11 CST