Re: backups

From: Mladen Gogala <gogi_at_ASTER.SI>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 17:06:49 +0100

On Jan 30, 9:22am, <Mary Remund> wrote:
> Subject: backups
> I have a general question about backups. I am currently working with Oracle
> 7.2. This is the situation I am wondering about. I have a database which is
> in archivelog mode, and which needs to be backed up a couple of times during
> the week. I will do hot backups a couple of times throughout the week.
> But is there any reason why I should take down the database and do a cold
> backup?
>
> Thanks.
> Mary L. Remund PHONE: (605) 594-2511
> Software Engineering FAX: (605) 594-2525
> EROS Data Center INTERNET: remund_at_edcserver1.cr.usgs.gov
> Sioux Falls, SD 57198
>-- End of excerpt from <Mary Remund>

Two reasons:upgrade of your database and a reasonable caution.

--
Mladen Gogala
ASTER Ljubljana

Tel  : ++386 61 1683-511                 Snail-mail:
FAX  : ++386 61 1683-165                 ASTER Ljubljana
Email: gogi_at_aster.si                     Nade Ovcakove 1
WWW  : www.aster.si                      61000 Ljubljana
                                         Slovenia