Disaster Recovery Plan

From: Inger Ramstad <Inger.Ramstad_at_CCMAIL.TELEMAX.NO>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 13:06:50 +0100

Hei Chris!
I have tried to mail you, but for some reason the mail has not reached you. Could you please send me a copy of your documents for managing a recovery operation, I would be very greatful! Because I have been out of the list for a few days, I can't send you a direct reply. TIA
Mrs Inger Ramstad
Oestfold Research Foundation
Box 573, Busterud
N-1754 Halden
Norway

Phone           +47+69 18 74 00
Fax             +47+69 18 74 14
e-mail:         inger.ramstad_at_ccmail.telemax.no
X400:           /G=inger/S=ramstad/ADMD=telemax/PRMD=ccmail/C=no

delivery report
If I understand you correctly you want to use on-line backups (Hot backups, Warm backups, or whatever you want to refer to them as) as well as off-line. I would STRONGLY suggest you backup all of your tablespaces and corresponding datafiles as well as logs and control files in both online and offline mode.
Depending on the importance of your data (I assume VERY important) I would suggest incremental exports as well.

The more thorough your backup plan the better chance of up to the minute recovery.
I have written a Disaster Recovery Plan that documents all these things using real life disasters. IF you would like a copy as well as a copy of my online backup script let me know and I'd be glad to share them with you.

HTH!
Chris Larson
Oracle DBA
Control Data Systems
Christopher.D.Larson_at_cdc.com

>Hi Oracle Gurus,
>I am also interested in this situation. Please reply to me also
>Regards
>A.Lim
>
>On Tue, 23 Jan 1996, Pisano Fiore wrote:
>
> Hello Oracle friends.
>
> I am writing a backup procedure that consist of following step:
>
> a) take on-line backup of this tablespace
>
> a1) system
> a2) temp
> a3) tool
> a4) user
> a5) rbs
> a6) mytablespace
>
> b) make a copy of archived redo log files
>
> c) make a copy of control file
>
> I think to use this procedure every night by cron.
> My questions are:
>
> 1) Is this all to recovery every problem ?
>
> 2) If I use for my application only "mytablespace" I need to backup
> tools ,temp,user tablespace ?
>

> Thanks in advance!
> Pisano Fiore
> e-mail address <pisano_at_solaria.bsav.bull.it>
> phone 0-825-764388
> Bull Sud HN
> (Avellino) Italy

Error: API:Invalid O/R Name                     Wed Jan 24 13:39:16 1996