Reports 2.5...group frequency problem

From: PEGGY BROWN <OISPEGGY_at_UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 20:56:49 -0500

I'm having a Reports 2.5 problem.

I have:

         Data Model Editor: Q1 and Q2 (linked by rescode)

         Layout Editor: M_1_grpfr (surrounding the report)
                        M_1_hdr   (header)
                        R_2 (repeating frame around source group Q1 data)
                        R_1 (repeating frame around source group Q2 data)

I see nothing wrong with this, yet I keep getting error message:  REP 1213 Field f_lname references column lname at frequency below group.

This makes no sense because LNAME is in Q1 and enclosed by R_2 -- which uses Q1 as its source group.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,