Re: Second instance

From: Mark A Singer <masinger_at_CORP.ROCKWELL.COM>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 18:18:33 -0500

If this is on a unix platform, see your unix administrator for the fix.

----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:Haithem Abdelkefi <haithem_at_VIGIE.QC.CA>  Hello all,

 I have installed a second instance (test) on my system, I have alrady installed
prod instance..
The installation has been finished successfuly, but I can't start the test instance simultaneously with the prod instance. I have the error message:

SQLDBA> startup open test
ORA-07279: spcre: semget error, unable to get first semaphore set. SVR4 Error: 28: No space left on device Additional information: 1
SQLDBA>
However, I can start the test instance when the prod instance is shutdown!

What do I?
Thank you
Haithem

   \      \     /          / / /             Haithem Abdelkefi
    \      \   /          / / /              Vigie Informatique 2000 Inc.
     \      \ /__________/ / /               6433, chemin St-Francois,
      \      \   _________/ /                St-Laurent, Quebec
       \      \  \         /                 H4S 1B6
         \      \  \     /                   email: haithem_at_vigie.qc.ca
          \      \  \   /                    Tel: (514)956-9138
           \______\  \_/                     Fax: (514)331-2743