FW: Rejected posting to ORACLE-L@SBCCVM

From: Green, Scott <scott_green_at_GPO.CANADA.CDEV.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 08:53:36 -0500

We had a similar problem when we upgraded to 7.0.16 on HP/UX. The problem had to do with the MTS. Bug # 238081. Problem was fixed by applying the available patch. In the short term turning off MTS in the init.ora removed the looping problem.

Scott Green

From: owner-oracle-l
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: runaway dispatcher processes
Date: Tuesday, January 23, 1996 8:50AM

Hi all. We have recently installed SQLNet v2.0 on RISC 6000/AIx boxes. The listener is up and I have tested SQLNet v2.0 connections.  However, we have been having runaway dispatcher processes that are using 100% of the cpu. SQLNet 1 is still functioning and the databases are bounced each night. The processes appear to go out to lunch when the database is cycled. Any Ideas???? Thanks in Advance.

Lane Jamboretz Received on Thu Jan 25 1996 - 14:51:54 CST