Re: General protection error!

From: Hans-Peter Schmidt <schmidth_at_MAJESTIX.WI.FH-FLENSBURG.DE>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 14:26:33 +0100

>Hello Oracle Gurus,
>
>I am using MS Access 2.0 to access my oracle 7.0 database. I always get this
>error when I access my database. Any idea?TIA.
>
>System Specifications
>PC - 486 /66 8Mb RAM
>SqlNet SPX 1.1.8.0
>
>Novell 3.12
>SPX Server 1.1.1.14

I had this problem when I tried to access a (local)PO7 database using ACCESS 2.0 and ORACLE's ODBC driver 1.11.002.

Using Intersolve's odbc driver solves this problem for me. I think there should be a newer (then 1.11.002) odbc driver from ORACLE available from COMPUSERVE.

In my environment the above error only applies to local connections not to connections to remote ORACLE databases.

Maybe this can help you a bit.

Fachhochschule Flensburg
Germany

Hans-Peter Schmidt