SQL*Net Listener - database accessible via 2 listeners?

From: Bruce Pihlamae <bpihlama_at_NLA.GOV.AU>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 11:16:55 +0000

Hi,

I have a machine which is attached to 2 separate TCP/IP networks.

Currently all access to date has been via network 1 and I've established a listener on port 1521 for that network and am using Multi-Threaded Server successfully.

Now some PC users on network 2 want access to the database and I was wondering if I need a separate listener or can I tweak the parameters for the first listener to watch a separate port for network 2?

Can I have two listeners for a single database?

How does this affect the MTS settings?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Bruce...

   T T T T T T T T        Bruce Pihlamae
   I I I I I I I I        bpihlama_at_nla.gov.au
   I I I I I I I I        National Library of Australia
   T T T T T T T T        Phone: +616 262-1576
  -----------------       Fax:   +616 273-2116

 "If you swallow a live frog first thing in the morning;   nothing worse will happen to either of you that day." Received on Tue Jan 23 1996 - 19:40:53 CST