Re: Dallas to host International Oracle User Week (IOUW) '96

From: TOM MERCADANTE <MERCADTF_at_SNYPLAVA.BITNET>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 08:35:08 -0500

Date sent: 19-JAN-1996 08:32:55

Tony,

I thought that the banners at the IOUW meeting in Phily last year said that the meeting next year was in San Fran. the first week in November. Did I mis-read something (to much beer!) or is this a different meeting?

Thanks for the info

Tom

>Dallas to host International Oracle User Week (IOUW) '96
>
>Chicago -- The International Oracle Users Group - Americas (IOUG-A) today
>announced that IOUW '96--the second IOUW to be developed exclusively for
>and
>entirely managed by the Oracle user community--will be held at the Dallas
>Convention Center in Dallas, Texas, September 15-20, 1996.
>
>Presented annually, IOUW has evolved to become the most comprehensive
>educational and networking event for users of Oracle and Oracle-related
>technology. The five-day conference brings together database
>administrators,
>developers, designers, third-party suppliers and others focused on
>professional
>development in the relational database management systems arena.
> Conference
>highlights include technical education seminars, product exhibits and
>demonstrations, new technology presentations and special interest group
>meetings.
>"We intend to make IOUW '96 the most productive week of the year for the
>Oracle
>user community," said Michael Corey, IOUG-A Director of Conferences and
>Events.
>"What we offer is 'total immersion' from a user perspective. Attendees can
>learn and grow during educational sessions and from peer-to-peer
>networking.
>For Oracle users, there's no other event that even comes close to matching
>the magnitude and meaning of IOUW."
>
>PAST IOUW SUCCESSES
>In September 1995, more than 10,000 members of the Oracle user community
>from
>coast-to-coast and around the globe filled the Pennsylvania Convention
>Center in
>Philadelphia for IOUW '95. Conference highlights included record-breaking
>attendance, more than 230 technical sessions and the debut of a new
>computer-administered certification test leading to the title Certified
>Oracle
>Database Administrator. Other significant components included:
>Technical Sessions These sessions--prepared and presented by people who are
>hands-on Oracle users themselves--offered a practical, problem-solving
>focus
>on situations users encounter every day. Subject tracks included DBA
>Topics,
>Distributed Computing, Oracle Applications, Oracle Forms, Methodology/CASE,
>Tips & Techniques, Management, Tools and Oracle Perspectives. IOUG-A
>Educational
>Seminar Series Conducted by leading experts in the Oracle user community,
>these
>four-hour classes provided an opportunity for advanced, in-depth training.
>Exhibitor Forums Making their debut at IOUW '95, these sessions gave
>attendees
>the chance to be educated by exhibitors on their particular areas of
> [...]

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%                                                                            %
% Tom Mercadante                                                             %
% Database Administrator                                                     %
% SUNY Plattsburgh                                                           %
% BITNET   : MERCADTF_at_SNYPLAVB.BITNET                                        %
% INTERNET : MERCADTF_at_SPLAVA.CC.PLATTSBURGH.EDU      Computer Systems Center %
% PHONE    : (518)564-3013                           Kehoe 507               %
% FAX      : (518)564-4415                           Plattsburgh, NY 12901   %