Re: Converting from reportwriter 1.1 to reports 2.0

From: Kenneth Komoto <kgkomoto_at_UCDAVIS.EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 09:34:55 -0800

>What is the usual filename extension of reportwriter files? Are
>they .sql files? .rex files? The reason I'm not sure is because I
>have some .sql files that are supposedly reportwriter 1.1 files,
>but the r20conv utility does not seem to allow a 'From' file type
>of .sql. What am I missing here?

The .rep is the executable version of the report. The .rex is the source version of the report.

The .sql looks to me like somebody extracted some chunks of the .rex for examination...

Kenneth Komoto                  Internet: kgkomoto_at_ucdavis.edu
Information Rsrcs-Rsrch Park Bitnet: kgkomoto_at_ucdavis University of California, Davis Davis, Ca 95616 Phone (916)757-8780 Fax (916)757-8778 Received on Wed Jan 17 1996 - 12:56:36 CST