Re: Converting from reportwriter 1.1 to reports 2.0

From: Pratap Singh <singhp_at_BACTC.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 09:30:54 PST

At 06:44 PM 1/16/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Has anyone done any report conversions from Reportwriter 1.1 to
>Reports 2.0? If so, please help me with the following :
>
>What is the usual filename extension of reportwriter files? Are
>they .sql files? .rex files? The reason I'm not sure is because I
>have some .sql files that are supposedly reportwriter 1.1 files,
>but the r20conv utility does not seem to allow a 'From' file type
>of .sql. What am I missing here?
>
>The contents of the .sql files I have look like this :
>
>1 1
>358 select
> from (entire SQL statement intentionally left out)
> where
>
>1 A
>2 PO
>3 150
>3 137
>3 120
>0
>1 2
>429 select
> from (entire SQL statement intentionally left out)
> where
>
> .
> .
> .
>
>Thanks for any help!
>dhenley_at_ix.netcom.com

Hi

The sql file what you have mentioned are normally part of .rex file. I will think that some programmer might have taken out the sql code to do some testing and it may not be the relevent file. You may check in corresponding .rex file if similar code as appearing in .sql file is present. Also be careful that .rex file are not to be modified with text editor as it creates problem.

HTH Pratap

Pratap Singh

Email: singhp_at_bactc.com
Voice: 415-827-5868
Fax: 415-266-6324

We are free to choose what we will do, think, say, be, but we are not free to choose the consequences of those choices.