Executing complex cursor from Powerbuilder returns ORA-1037

From: Peter A. Udom <paudom_at_PTES.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 07:42:26 -0800

salutations helena;
i'd take a chance and increase the open_cursor init.ora parameter. might work.

peter
ps
don't forget to bounce the instance.

>>> Helena Kee <hkee1_at_ISMA.COM> 01/16 11:53 am >>>
Hi :
We're running into the above problem that's stumped us for 2 days now ;-( Hopefully some Powerbuilder to Oracle guru has run across something similiar before and can shed some light.
We have a fairly complex cursor, what stands out is that it's selecting from an
85 column table via Powerbuilder. 2000+ rows are processed, then it stops, returning ORA-1037 which in 7.1.4 is:

01037, 00000, "maximum cursor memory exceeded" // *Cause: Attempting to process a complex sql statement which consumed all
// available memory of the cursor. // *Action: Simplify the complex sql statement.

We experimented a little, and trimmed the number of columns that it processes down to 65 instead of 80+, and successfully processed 12000+ rows before it stopped again with the ORA-1037 error. We're running PB 4.0.03 and Oracle 7.1.4. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thank you. :-)
Helena Kee
Database Support Received on Wed Jan 17 1996 - 10:54:35 CST