Re: Help!!Compiling C++ on Pro*c/c++ precompiler

From: Zhang Lei <zhangl_at_PRLSUN1.IA.AC.CN>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 20:53:39 -0500

>I need to compile a code written in c++ for oracle pro*c/c++, Can some kind
> soul help me in this regard. I had compiled previously c code using
proc.mk >and want to migrate to c++.
> Suresh

I'm trying to tackle the same problem too. What I have done is wrapping those parts which need embeded SQL in C Function.

In sum, I don't think Pro*C ( I'm using Pro*C 1.5 )is a well-written precompiler especially the way it deals with LONG RAW data. Seems that data larger than 64K cannot be processed correctly. I have succeeded in inserting a BMP file, 12K into the database, and retrieved it. But when I tried to enlarge the file size to 65K, my little program of inserting failed.

I don't know if I'd better turn to OCI and am wondering what's the difference between OCI and Pro*C? Which is better? Can anybody present some comparison between them? Any hint is greatly appreciated.

ZHang Lei
Chinese Academy of Sciences Received on Wed Jan 17 1996 - 21:11:59 CST