Converting from reportwriter 1.1 to reports 2.0

From: Dave Henley <dhenley_at_IX.NETCOM.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 18:44:30 -0800

Hi,

Has anyone done any report conversions from Reportwriter 1.1 to Reports 2.0? If so, please help me with the following :

What is the usual filename extension of reportwriter files? Are they .sql files? .rex files? The reason I'm not sure is because I have some .sql files that are supposedly reportwriter 1.1 files, but the r20conv utility does not seem to allow a 'From' file type of .sql. What am I missing here?

The contents of the .sql files I have look like this :

1 1
358 select

     from       (entire SQL statement intentionally left out)
     where

1 A
2 PO
3 150
3 137
3 120
0
1 2
429 select

     from       (entire SQL statement intentionally left out)
     where

.
.
.

Thanks for any help!
dhenley_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Tue Jan 16 1996 - 21:55:05 CST