Solved: TCP/IP - SQL*Net and IP Stack from Novell

From: Kaing, Leng M <LKaing_at_VENTNDS1.TELECOM.COM.AU>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 20:42:27 -0500

Problem is no more.

Turns out that there were a few missing dlls and so forth. Don't know which. But problem was with the Novell TCP/IP stack and not oracle. I'm glad to say I can now talk TCP/IP to the Oracle server over a Novell LAN.

Cheers,
Leng.

From: Kaing, Leng M
To: owner-oracle-l
Subject: Re: TCP/IP - SQL*Net and IP Stack from Novell Date: Tuesday, January 16, 1996 8:49AM

When trying to install SQL*Net TCP/IP v1.1.9 last night I did get an option for Windows Sockets 1.1 - Novell LAN WorkPlace. But When connecting, I get:

     ORA-06120: TCP/IP driver is not loaded correctly.
     Check that the protocol is loaded correctly.

I can ping the hosts. And when trying to load tcpip.exe again it says that driver is already loaded. So I don't understand why Oracle can't detect its presence.

Help!
Leng.

From: owner-oracle-l
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: Re: TCP/IP - SQL*Net and IP Stack from Novell Date: Monday, January 15, 1996 9:33AM
     When I installed SQL*Net mid 95, I was planning to use Novell TCP/IP
     (LAN Workplace) but it was not listed by Oracle as being one of their
     supported stacks.  I am not sure what the situation is now, but that
     could be the problem.

     Paul Phillips
     New Zealand Dairy Foods Ltd
     pphillips_at_nzdf.co.nz

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully used Novell'sTCP/ IP stack with the  TCP/IP Adapter for
SQL*Net? I'm not using Novell LAN Workplace, just the TCP/IP stack that comes
 with NetWare. It
may not be possible, but I am trying to prevent having to go out and purchase
 full blown TCP/IP
software for all my clients.
Novell's TCP/IP stack works fine for other protocols such as FTP, Telnet, HTTP,
 etc., but I can't
seem to get SQL*Net to work over it.
Any Ideas, thoughts, or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Tony Orlando
Tidewater Community College
Center of Information Technologies
tcorlat_at_tc.cc.va.us
Phone: (804)484-2121 ext. 505
Fax: (804)484-7636 Received on Tue Jan 16 1996 - 21:34:12 CST