Re: DBA Tools

From: Ann Fabbiano <Ann_Fabbiano_at_EGGHEAD.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 16:39:03 EDT

Adhawk, both their base product and the "Spacer" have been working very well. They can monitor and identify problems. In this environment of 10 databases on HP's, both products have been invaluable.

DBA Desktop is helpful.

Ann Fabbiano

To: ORACLE-L @ ccvm.sunysb.edu (Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L) @ INET cc: (bcc: Ann Fabbiano)
From: SMANTHANI @ SBCCMAIL.BITNET (Satyanarayana Manthani) @ INET Date: 01/16/96 01:00:46 PM
Subject: DBA Tools

        We are looking to buy Database monitoring/tuning tools for Oracle 7.x running on SUN Solaris platform. Has anybody tried AdHwak or Patrol or DBvision? If I get a large number of responses I will summarize to the net.

Thanks for your time in responding.
---sat

Sat Manthani                     | INTERNET: smanthani_at_ccmail.sunysb.edu
Systems Staff                    | BITNET:   smanthani_at_usb
Computing Services               | SPAN/     sbccma::smanthani
State University of New York     | HEPnet    44132::smanthani
Stony Brook                      | VOICE:    (516)-632-8024
NY 11794-2400                    | FAX:      (516)-632-8046