Oracle NT Shared Pool

From: Steve Davis <sdavis_at_ADMIN.INETPORT.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 11:25:13 -0600

We have Oracle 7.2.2.4 running on Windows NT 3.51 on a server with 64 MB of memory. We currently have at least two problems -

  1. Memory leak problems when we try to compile large procedures. The symptom of this problem is that it begins to swap excssively to the hard disk. This continues until Oracle services die.
  2. Oracle suggested pinning the procedures to the shared pool. This does not work because the NT server does not have a DBMS_SHARED_POOL package body. We have run CATPROC.SQL to no avail.

Oracle claimed 7.2 would solve these problems, but it obviously has not.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks! Received on Mon Jan 15 1996 - 12:35:39 CST