Re: FRM-40401 No Changes to Save (Forms 4.5)

From: David Fischer <davidf_at_CETUS.COAT.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:33:01 -0500

Dave:

This is actually expected and documented behavior and is not a bug. Any ancillary DML statement that you issue is not part of the transaction from a Forms perspective (i.e. the forms sees nothing has changed) However, it is still part of a session's transaction and may be committed when a subsequent change to a base-table block and commit is issued.

You must issue a delete_record on a row in a base-table block in the form in order to have the form in sync with your transaction. If you don't, the deleted record may be rolled back (as part of the session's transaction) when the user
exits the form having made no other changes.

Hope this helps.

-dave fischer / DBA
burlington coat factory
davidf_at_coat.com