Re: SAS Reporting

From: Allan Dempster <demp_at_AZTEC.CO.ZA>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 22:25:00 EET

Mike, I've been using SAS in a mainframe environment for the last 15 years and its a great reporting tool in the hands of a programmer or a "power user". It has extensive cross tabulation capabilities - it's PROC TABULATE is a bit hairy to learn but once you get the hang of it you'll love it. PROC SUMMARY is another that you should look at. Procedural logic and multiple result sets are well catered for. I haven't used it against Oracle so can't comment on that aspect.