Des/2000 Forms generator & synonyms

From: Ken Anderson <kjanderson_at_SOLOMON.AG.GOV.BC.CA>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 08:18:49 -0800

Tables may be moved to different databases or table definitions may change.

So that we can easily change the base table to which our blocks point, we always create synonyms of tables and views, then have the application base table reference point to the synonym rather than the real table.

I have a table named INDIVIDUAL_NAMES and a synonym named POS_INDIVIDUAL_NAMES (our naming convention for synonyms is to preface the table name with an short form of the owner name.

By default the generator is creating validation code which says

"SELECT 1 FROM POS.INDIVIDUAL_NAMES WHERE PTYPE = 'A'"
I want the generator to create

"SELECT 1 FROM POS_INDIVIDUAL_NAMES WHERE PTYPE = 'A'".
How do I get Des/2000 to do this for me?

Thanks,
-Ken

Ken Anderson

Systems Analyst
Ministry of Attorney General
Ph: (604) 356-6487
Fax: (604) 356-7699 Received on Fri Jan 12 1996 - 11:33:08 CST