Error Using DBMS_SESSION

From: TSAWMILL.US.ORACLE.COM <TSAWMILL_at_US.ORACLE.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 09:34:33 -0800

We have a strange problem where, when generating a form out of forms 4.0 or 4.5, we get this error: Error 303 qualifier 'DBMS_SESSION' must be declared. The form has code to execute the set_role procedure in dbms_session. The oddity is that the generation fails when running against one database, but works running against another database, on the same box, using the same Oracle software, on the same desktop! Any ideas? (We've been chasing this one for a day and a half now...and yes, I have verified privileges, synonyms, etc. I am able to execute it from a pl/sql block in sqlplus in both instances.).

Tim Sawmiller
tsawmiller_at_us.oracle.com
"I speak for me and no else!" Received on Thu Jan 11 1996 - 20:52:34 CST