Re: GPF in module MSOCKLIB.DLL at 0001:3e75

From: Vincent Hoang <vhoang_at_ITTHARTFORD.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 08:23:00 -0500

     Hi Experts,

     I might have sent this message earlier.  But my account expired on the
     other internet server.  I would appreciate it if you can forward any
     previous response that you may have, thank you.

     I have a problem running a Visual Basic Application to access an
     Oracle database via ODBC & SQLNET. I hope someone out there can give
     me a hand to tackle it.  Here is the scenerio,

     I have two independent Visual Basic applications that access an Oracle
     database via ODBC and SQLNET.  Each application requires a separate
     connection to Oracle database when it launches.  The application works
     fine if one of them execute it.  However, a "general protection fault
     in module MSOCKLIB.DLL at 0001:3e75" will occur if both execute
     concurrently.

     1. is there an incompatible problem exist among ODBC & SQLNET 1.1.9a ?

     2. Can ODBC handle duel session via SQLNET ?

     Any response is appreciated!

     Vincent H.

     PC config:

     DEC 486/66 PCI bus