Re: GPF in module MSOCKLIB.DLL at 0001:3e75

From: Mark A Singer <masinger_at_CORP.ROCKWELL.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 12:56:38 PST

Vincent,

The following is a reply to your question from one of our programmers:

THIS IS MOST LIKELY A TCP/IP COMMUNICATION TIMING PROBLEM. The problem you are reporting involves TCP/IP communications that are trying to take place. So before looking at the following check your communications stack allocations and make sure your TCP/IP stack doesn't have any problems, limitations or corrupted software. This can generally be coordinated with your local PC helpdesk, assuming you have one.

If you really want to do this then you have several choices.

Under Windows 3.1 or Windows for Workgroups 3.11 either move the programs to two separate PC's, if possible, or make sure that the applications are calling DoEvents frequently. This will only help of course when you not involved in a lengthy database call.

A better solution would be to convert the applications to VB4, continue to use liberal DoEvents calls and run the programs under Windows NT. Under NT you will get true simultaneous execution. Windows NT installation is of course is governed by your local policies

----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:Vincent Hoang <vhoang_at_ITTHARTFORD.COM>
      Hi Experts,

     I might have sent this message earlier.  But my account expired on
the
     other internet server.  I would appreciate it if you can forward any
     previous response that you may have, thank you.

     I have a problem running a Visual Basic Application to access an
     Oracle database via ODBC & SQLNET. I hope someone out there can give
     me a hand to tackle it.  Here is the scenerio,

     I have two independent Visual Basic applications that access an
Oracle
     database via ODBC and SQLNET.  Each application requires a separate
     connection to Oracle database when it launches.  The application
works
     fine if one of them execute it.  However, a "general protection fault
     in module MSOCKLIB.DLL at 0001:3e75" will occur if both execute
     concurrently.

     1. is there an incompatible problem exist among ODBC & SQLNET 1.1.9a
?

     2. Can ODBC handle duel session via SQLNET ?

     Any response is appreciated!

     Vincent H.

     PC config:

     DEC 486/66 PCI bus