Re: Personal Oracle7 Problems

From: Doug E Moloney <Doug.E.Moloney_at_CCMAIL.AE.GE.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 13:54:34 EST

     Make sure that you have the latest and greatest Win32s drivers.
     Should be able to get these from Microsoft ftp site.

     Doug
     doug.e.moloney_at_ccmail.ae.ge.com

Subject: Personal Oracle7 Problems
Author: "ORACLE database mailing list." <ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU> at smtplink_lynn
Date: 1/10/96 10:13 AM

I recently installed PO7 (7.1.4) on win 3.11. and keep having stability problems. The 2 major issues are memory parity error and lock-ups. I know the first thing you'll say is hardware. That's what I thought too. I have performed every memory test possible to man. PCtools does an extensive test of all memory and it checks out fine. HIMEM.SYS also checks the memory on boot and that's fine too. The error is being reported by windows; not by the hardware (the screen is generated by windows - blue screen, 'system error' in the middle white on grey).

The other issue is after the database is stared, if I click on the PO7 icon, the system locks. Dead. Nothing. This ALWAYS happens.

The hardware is VERY generic. DFI, 486DX/66 intel, Paradise Video, 32mb RAM, 1 gig maxtor IDE drive, ms mouse.

I have installed the developer 2/k suite (forms 4.5.6.3.3) and designer 2/k 1.1a.

Any help/suggestions GREATLY appreciated. Received on Wed Jan 10 1996 - 14:20:29 CST