Re: 32bits ODBC Drivers -Reply -Reply

From: Andrew McAllister <mcallister_at_GRAD.MISSOURI.EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 10:19:48 -0600

I got SQLNET V2 running with the Visigenic driver. I have V1 installed, but the connect string is a V2 alias in my tnsnames.ora file.

I did this the friday before vacation and don't remember the details, but I have installed: Client software for SQLNET V1 and V2 using drivers for Win31, win95, and winNT. My machine is Windows 95.

The Visigenic driver didn't run until I installed the NT version of SQLNET (1 and 2).

Right now I'm running (all on the same machine):  1)Access 2.0 (16bit) and the Oracle ODBC drivers SQLNET for win31.
 2)Access 95 (32bit) Visigenic ODBC using SQLNET for NT.

Andy
Andrew McAllister -- Programmer Analyst II Office of Research, University of
Missouri-Columbia
mcallister_at_grad.missouri.edu

>>> Anton Dischner

<dischner_at_KLCH.MED.UNI-MUENCHEN.DE> 01/09/96 09:28am >>>
Hi, netters

scan comp.databases.oracle or the visual basic newsgroup with "Visigenic" and you'll find a detailed tech note from Visigenic.

The Visigenic 32Bit Odbc driver is shipped with the Enterprise Version of Visual Basic.

Main points are: Use Oracle Windows NT Client setup Version 1.x.
Version 2.x will not run. Received on Tue Jan 09 1996 - 12:16:33 CST