Paradox and Oracle

From: Russell Dennis <rdennis_at_HUBER.COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 13:00:34 CST

     I have experienced a dilemma with try to give a user a good tool that
     will allow him to report & graphic Oracle Data quickly and without a
     lot of training.  Oracle Browser works good for data but doesn't
     provide the Graphic support that the end user needs.

     Currently the user is using Paradox.  We export a file as comma
     delimited, then export it into Paradox.  We would like to access the
     Oracle Database directly from Oracle.  This will cut down on importing
     and exporting data every time the data changes and will also cut down
     on the learning curve of a new application.

     Is there some way to use Oracle's database and use Paradox as a
     reporting tool with importing and exporting the data?  Maybe using
     ODBC???

     TIA,

     Russell Dennis
     AVEX Electronic Inc.