Archiving to tape

From: Gosling Simon <SJGOSLING_at_FARN03.DATASCI.CO.UK>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 09:00:00 PST

Dave Scerba wrote :

It is possible and it is operating system specific. If you have Oracle support then give them a ring - they sent me a really useful fax on the subject. The actual archiving to tape is controlled via an SQL*Net process (!) unfortunately although this works in SQL*net V1 there is (or was) a bug which prevents it working in SQL*Net V2 (This applies to HP UNIX, I don't know about other operating systems. Have you considered writing the records to disk and then having some sort of daemon or process which kicks in at regular intervals and copies the archives to tape ?

Simon Received on Tue Jan 09 1996 - 04:39:07 CST