Tuning an Oracle Database

From: Corne Lombard <LOMBARDC_at_MWP.ESKOM.CO.ZA>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 06:06:11 -0500

Hi, Oracle-lites

If I asked you to have a look at an Oracle database and tell me whether you think it is a well tuned database or not, WHICH aspects would you have a look at? How will you transactional database tuning differ from your data warehouse ( query-only) database tuning ?

The normal stuff is cache hit ratio, storage parameters of objects etc. What else ?

Your ideas will be much appreciated.