HOT Line backup

From: Inger Ramstad <Inger.Ramstad_at_CCMAIL.TELEMAX.NO>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 10:21:37 +0100

Oracle friends :

This is my first try in using this mailing list active, - so please forgive me if I use some wrong expressions.

I going to make a procedure for taking HOT LINE backup for a customer. The platform is SCO Unix, and I think they run 2 or 3 databases on the machine.

As I am not an experienced DBA (true!), I would be very grateful if anyone could give me a lending hand - like a copy of a script and some hints. And if you have any personal experience, it would be interesting to hear your opinion.

I am using 'Oracle Backup & Recovery Handbook' as a guide, but if anyone has some experience it will be highly appreciated.

TIA Inger Ramstad

Mrs Inger Ramstad
Oestfold Research Foundation
Box 573, Busterud
N-1754 Halden
Norway

Phone           +47+69 18 74 00
Fax             +47+69 18 74 14
e-mail:         inger.ramstad_at_ccmail.telemax.no
X400:           /G=inger/S=ramstad/ADMD=telemax/PRMD=ccmail/C=no