What corresponds to /etc/system on DEC OSF/1?

From: Charles Dye PC <cdye_at_DNT.DIALOG.COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 08:48:09 -0800

All,

I am creating a second instance on a DEC alpha, with an OS as follows:

DEC OSF/1 V3.2 (Rev. 214); Wed Dec 27 13:15:28 PST 1995 DEC OSF/1 V3.2 Worksystem Software (Rev. 214)

The second instance won't start because there isn't enough shared memory. On a solaris box we fix this by modifying SHMMAX etc in /etc/system.

This box doesn't have any /etc/system and the oracle dox say to consult your os documentation, which hasn't been particularly enlightening.

So... do we have to recompile the kernal or what? Do any of you know?

Thanks.

Regards,
Charles_Dye_at_corp.dialog.com Received on Tue Jan 09 1996 - 12:16:40 CST